Job Posting: Part-Time Cleaning Specialist Position
Date Posted: March 3, 2020
Applications accepted until: March 31, 2020
Town Hall Theatre in Port Perry is seeking a part-time cleaning specialist! The ideal candidate will share in our passion to create a clean and welcoming environment for venue renters and audience patrons. This is a part-time, contract position with an hourly rate; approximately 15 hours per month.
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors, particularly after a concert or theatrical performance.
- Empty trash cans, service restrooms and wipe down communal surfaces, including kitchen.
- Trash and recycling to be placed outside for scheduled municipal pickup.
- Tackle heavy cleaning jobs upon request.
- Ensure back stairs and landing leading to the theatre workroom remain clear and free of debris.
- Notify building management of any repairs required.
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately.
- Approximately 15 hours per month on average.
- Self-motivated, able to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery used in cleaning.
- Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods.
- WHMIS training an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills a must.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to the Hiring Committee by March 31st to: email@example.com, detailing previous experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.