Be Part of Town Hall Theatre!
Town Hall 1873 is home to Town Hall Theatre and is a registered Canadian charity. As such, we frequently rely on volunteers who share our passion for theatre, live performance and community building. Our volunteers use their talents in a variety of ways to help us better serve the community.
Volunteering is a great way to contribute while meeting like-minded people from the community, learning new skills, often seeing concerts and award-winning productions for free, and becoming involved with the local arts scene.
We offer volunteer opportunities in many areas, including assisting with special events and fundraisers, ushering and front of house, and helping in a variety of ways with special projects.
No previous experience is necessary and scheduling is flexible, so you can participate according to your availability!
Front of House:
Our volunteer team is critical to the smooth operation of each performance. Duties may include:
- Assisting with pre-performance set-up (preparing programs & tickets for patrons).
- Assisting with coat check, if applicable.
- Greeting patrons as they arrive.
- Scanning or confirming tickets and assisting patrons locate their seats.
- Monitoring the theatre space and patrons during the performance.
- Theatre clean up.
- Be an ambassador for Town Hall Theatre and answer patron questions pertaining to the theatre and its programming
If you are interested in becoming part of our volunteer team please fill out the form below to confirm your interest in volunteering. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-985-8181 to speak to a Theatre Administrator.