Town Hall Theatre Updates
Updated: August 1, 2022
Important Information on Event Entry Requirements and Health Checks at Town Hall Theatre
Effective immediately, Event Organizers will now take the lead on determining if health checks or other Covid-19 protections will be required to attend a live performance or event at Town Hall 1873 Theatre.
The Town Hall 1873 Theatre board of directors supports Event Organizers in making appropriate entry requirement decisions for their event. In some cases, an event organizer may choose to exceed health and safety protocols mandated by local governments. We suggest that patrons check the Event Organizer’s website regularly for updates as guidelines may be subject to change.
Over the past two years, Town Hall 1873 Theatre has faithfully included Covid-19 protective measures to ensure the health of patrons, artists, staff and volunteers in order to safely reopen and bring back live theatre during a challenging time. With restrictions beginning to ease around us, our venue is again adapting to a new normal. Town Hall 1873 Theatre continues to consider public safety a high priority and additional cleaning and sanitizing protocols we introduced for public safety in 2020 will continue. Hand sanitizer stations remain available throughout the building and social distancing where possible continues to be encouraged.
Continuing: Introduced as an additional step within our online ticketing system back in 2021, after selecting the performance and seats online, ticket purchasers will be paused by a Required Agreement pop-up screen that outlines any health checks or other requirements (now, to be determined by the Event Organizer) that must be followed in order to attend the event. Once the agreement is accepted, the purchaser will then be forwarded to the payment screen to complete their order. Tickets purchased in person or by phone will include the relaying of this same information for the event.
Summary of Covid-19 Protocols as of August 1, 2022:
- Proof of Vaccination – To be decided by Event Organizers, may vary for each live performance/event at the theatre.
- Masks – To be decided by the Event Organizer.
- Sanitizer Stations – We encourage use of the hand sanitizer stations provided throughout the venue.
- Social Distancing – Highly encouraged when it is possible.
- Access, Entrance/Exit – To reduce crowding, separate auditorium entrances/exits may be utilized.
- Enhanced Cleaning – Enhanced cleaning measures remain in place. High-touch surfaces and theatre seats are regularly sanitized by Event Organizers &/or the theatre cleaning team.
- Ventilation – Town Hall 1873 Theatre is equipped with state-of-the art ventilation and air filtration systems which freshen the air at regular intervals.
- Contact Tracing – The ticket purchaser will be considered the primary contact for any guests in your booking should there be an outbreak or health emergency.
Disclaimer – In purchasing a ticket to any performance or event at the Town Hall Theatre, you are agreeing to abide by all of the guidelines listed above without exception. Compliance with these guidelines is intended to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 but cannot eliminate the potential of exposure. In purchasing a ticket and attending a performance, you are taking personal responsibility for any remaining risks. Town Hall 1873 Theatre reserves the right to cancel any ticketed event if the rate of community transmission of COVID-19 increases at a rate where the public’s health warrants further protective measures.
We are simply thrilled to be able to welcome performers and the public back into our theatre. And we are now…at 100% capacity!
As rules and protocols, as well as public comfort levels around Covid-19 protective measures change and adapt, so too will our own response.
Our Thanks to the Ontario Trillium Foundation! Our reopening after being hard hit by a lengthy closure due to Covid-19 has been made possible in part due to funding received through OTF’s Resilient Communities grant program. We have been able to add upgrades and include safety protocols at our venue to help keep you, our staff, volunteers, and artists safe and healthy as we welcome you back through our doors in 2022!
We hope to see you back enjoying live performances on stage at Town Hall Theatre very soon!
Town Hall 1873 Board of Directors and Staff