Be Part of Town Hall Theatre!
Town Hall 1873 is home to Town Hall Theatre and is a registered Canadian charity that relies on volunteers who share our passion for theatre and community building. Our volunteers use their talents in a variety of ways to help make our work possible.
Volunteering is a great way to contribute while meeting like-minded people from the community, learning new skills, often seeing concerts and award-winning productions for free, and becoming involved with the local arts scene. We offer volunteer opportunities in many areas, including assisting with special events and fundraisers, ushering and front of house, assisting with Covid-19 safety protocols, and helping in a variety of ways with special projects.
No previous experience is necessary. We are looking for volunteers with an interest and passion for the arts and the local community. Our volunteers are reliable and committed, possess a positive attitude and are friendly, courteous, and respectful with our patrons. In return, volunteers receive a range of perks, including being able to enjoy concerts and live theatre for free (most times), appreciation events, and more.
Don’t worry – scheduling is flexible, so you can participate according to your availability!
Front of House:
Our volunteer ushers are critical to the smooth operation of each performance. Duties may include:
- Assisting with pre-performance set-up which would include getting programs and tickets ready for patrons
- Assisting with coat check before and after a performance
- Greeting patrons as they arrive
- Confirming Covid-19 vaccination of patrons and guests as per Government of Ontario and Durham Region Health guidelines.
- Collecting tickets and assisting patrons with finding their seating location
- Monitoring patrons and the theatre space during the performance
- Supporting with post performance theatre clean up
- Be an ambassador for Town Hall Theatre and answer patron questions pertaining to the theatre and its programming
If you are interested in becoming part of our volunteer team at Town Hall Theatre please fill out the form below to confirm your interest in volunteering. For more information on how we are managing Covid-19 safety protocols, please visit our Covid-19 Page. If you have any questions that you would like answered, please email us at email@example.com or call (905) 985-8181 to speak to our box office team.